Too Faced Chocolate Bar

by - Monday, May 25, 2015

Finally, I have sat myself down in front of my MacBook and written a blog post about this product.  I just want to thank everyone who provides feedback on the posts I publish and even tell me about their own experience with products I buy, try and blog about. It’s refreshing to know that people are actually reading these posts that I write in my own time, and occasionally there’s always a couple of people who try the product themselves.

I am not a certified make-up artist, I’m just simply learning as I go with the products I test and writing about my experience. I don’t know everything about particular products. In fact, before I buy certain items, I test them in stores that sell them. The best thing to also do is actually speak to a beautician or staff member selling the product. If you have no idea what to do, a staff member will surely help you out. Usually, staff will sit you down and test the product on you and show you how to apply it. It’s great way to learn how to use certain products, so if you have the time, I highly recommend you do that. If you’re short on time, you can either read about a product or watch videos. This is another visual way to educate yourself on any particular product you want and/or need. Additionally, if you already have the product and are trying to master it, you can apply it yourself, which is the learning as you go approach that I use. 

Shopping tip

I recommend that you look at multiple stores or even online to buy products. Stores, both online and and in physical form, are competing against each other, and sometimes you might find yourself a bargain on a product that you really like, need and/or want. Oh and also, you might even have a deal on products online. I personally have found that online shopping is definitely cheaper and essentially more convenient. However, shopping in real life is oh so much better, walking around with a bag or two, browsing store to store, even window shopping, it truly is a beautiful thing. I have pros and cons for both shopping methods though, which I might go over another time as this post is generally for a product review. If you've not subscribed to my blog, get cracking and do it! Simply use the nifty sidebar feature or go to the link. Subscribing and following me on social media like Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, Google+ and Polyvore, will keep you up to date with my antics and notify you when a new blog post is up!

So before you set your heart on buying a product, even clothes and basically anything really, be sure to not be too hasty. Don't feel pressured by sales representatives or other staff members to buy items when you've tried them or are simply looking at them. I tend to just smile, use my manners, nod and walk away.

The art of eye shadow

Eye shadow palettes are probably the hardest product to master, it’s not the first on the list, that would probably be eyeliner or contouring I think. I make mistakes with applying make-up. I hate making mistakes but practice makes perfect, and I’ve definitely had a lot of practice with this palette. It's getting easier as I go, there are some things I can't do still but persistence is the key. I now feel like waking up every morning and actually making an effort because I get to try out new techniques, colours and/or looks. It's definitely motivational.

So what is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar?


This palette is basically a giant chocolate bar filled with goodies. It features a variety of eye shadows, which can be used individually or blended together for a particular look. Whether you want simple, smokey, or glamorous, this palette has your covered. I’ll be honest here; I was about of a sceptic with this product. I heard nothing but greatness and my expectations were quite high, but this palette is definitely one of my favourites. It is extremely diverse and perfect for anyone and any occasion. You could be a beginner and you would still be able to master the many looks that this 16 eye shadow palette offers. Once you’ve perfected the art of this palette, you’ll end up feeling like a professional! Take it from me, I used to be an avid one eye shadow user, but now, I love experimenting with different looks, and use more than one colour.

This palette has broadened my mind. This is the fifth palette I’ve tried and it’s tied with the LORAC Mega Pro Palette; I’ve not posted about this one because I’m still experimenting with it. I’ve tried individual colours but am yet to properly try-out other looks with it.

An amazing feature of this palette is the fact that the eye shadows are made with cocoa powder, so it actually smells like chocolate when you open the palette. It’s a bit of a distraction at first though because you can focus on is the smell of the palette but then you shake it off and get wrapped up by the beauty of the palette.


The 16 matte and shimmer shades of the eye shadows are pigmented with cocoa powder and last throughout the day. The results of this product have been incredible. At first I struggled with application, but after a few tries, you get better as you go.  Also, I think the best part of this product is the fact that the casing isn’t flimsy. I noticed a lot of cases for palettes are usually lacking in strength and prone to breakage, but the Chocolate Bar is quite sturdy. Another bonus feature is the How-To Glamour Guide, which includes Too Faced’s signature looks. This manual is what I used to start off when trying out the product, and I found it handy because a majority of the time, a lot of brands release palettes and just assume that everyone knows which colours are best to use or which colours match each other to create a look. It’s like the customer and user is being thrown into the deep end and it makes me hesitant in trying the product, so it could end up just sitting in my room doing nothing. However, this is where research comes in, always buy a product that you know about or you know you will use. Take the time to think about a purchase before just buying it in the spare of the moment. 

I'll update this post with different looks I test and let you know through social media when I've updated the post every time I do this.

Semi-Sweet look







Semi-sweet x Rimmel London's Oh My Gloss
And that is that, I think I'll actually go eat some chocolate after this post. Damn you Too Faced, damn you Chocolate Bar palette for smelling so delicious. 

You May Also Like

0 comments