Zoeva x Beauty Bay

by - Sunday, September 25, 2016

I regularly find myself having a browse at makeup online rather than shopping and testing in store these days. I think it's personally just become a habit of mine as the internet is convenient and sometimes even cheaper than what you're offered in store, however, it is a lazy method of shopping and you never get the full experience. 

I had never used Beauty Bay before, I've been guilty of having a snoop and placing items in my cart before realising I don't actually have the money for all this, crap. I finally did it and took the plunge! To treat myself I decided to purchase a few makeup products, it was an all-Zoeva haul order.

The brand was founded in 2008 and its roots are German. When researching the brand, I found it interesting the name is derived from the Greek word 'Zoe' for "life"and 'Eva' which is the name of "the very first woman". The message behind the brand is empowering as it is focused on women and embracing the fact that you're unique. Oh but that's not the best part about Zoeva, the brand does not test on animals, there is no cruelty involved so there's no need to worry when using their products in your beauty ritual. 

Thanks to Beauty Bay, my haul consists of two palettes, a collection of eyeliners and a brush set! I'll be adding more photos and reviews of my haul once posted on Instagram, so keep an eye on this post for updates, you can do this by subscribing to my blog and following me on Twitter, turn on my notifications if you want as well!



Oh boy this brush set is incredible and the fact that it came with a little makeup bag to hold these brushes is just an added bonus! This set consists of vegan brushes made of synthetic taklon bristles  which is derived from polyester fibre and is free from any protein component or allergens, this essentially making it cruelty-free. The taklon bristles don't absorb product so it makes easer to apply liquid and cream products, such as foundations, concealers and lip products, this also means that excess product that is micro in nature, such as finishing powder or  eyeshadows won't be absorbed, thus, making brushes easier to clean.

This ten-piece set contains brushes for the face and the eyes.

  • #104 'Buffer': Used to apply and blend foundation, powder and mineral makeup.
  • #106 'Powder': applies loose and pressed powder.
  • #110 'Face Shape': Contour with cream and powder products.
  • #128 'Cream Cheek': Apply cream and powder blush.
  • #142 'Concealer Buffer' Apply and blend concealer.
  • #223 'Petit Eye Blender': Helps you accentuate the eye's crease.
  • #226 'Smudger': Used to smudge eyeshadow and kohl along the lashline
  • #227 'Soft Definer Vegan': Allows you to blend and smooth eyeshadow softly.
  • #235 'Contour Shader': Apply eyeshadow on the outer-v of your eye.
  • #317 Wing Liner: Allows you to create a perfect wing with detailed eyeliner strokes, this brush can also be used for the eyebrow.


COOL SPECTRUM


This is a cool-toned palette that consists of 15-shades. I don't usually wear cool-shades when I wear makeup but I thought, why not? This is the first Zoeva palette I've ever owned and used and I was surprised by how pigmented the eyeshadows were. The formula is so easy to blend, when I used this palette in my makeup routine, I didn't have any trouble with it. Usually I recreate looks I've seen on YouTube but the first time I used this, I went in blind and just chose the shades I thought would match, and I actually succeeded on the first go! When wearing the eyeshadow(s), the formula is so light, I couldn't even feel it on my eyes. I have really sensitive skin around my eyes so I was pleased to see that I didn't have a reaction to the ultra-micronised formula. One of the huge positives is how long the shadows lasts. I committed the cardinal sin of cosmetics by not removing makeup before bed, however, the eyeshadow(s) lasted about 24 hours, and that was without an eye primer. Obviously, it faded, however, it didn't fade to nothing, the eyeshadow look I applied was still dominating. 

You May Also Like

0 comments