Lush life

by - Thursday, July 28, 2016

If you don't know what Lush Cosmetics is by now, here's what you should know...


Lush is a brand that make a range of products, from face to body, to hair and makeup, even dental care and perfume, they have all your needs sorted in one store! Not only are the products natural and good for you, the products are inexpensive so you they won't make you go broke!

This brand isn't just like any old brand you see on the market these days.

The brand offers products that are hand made so you know each individual product is made with tender loving care. Their products are made fresh locally in the Lush Kitchens, so there's no mass-production and no machines involved in the process of formulating the products. When you look at the labels of the products you'll see who made the product, the day it was made and when you should use it by. The products are also made from fresh, natural ingredients which are ethically sourced, for example, fruits, vegetables, nuts... so basically they contain produce you would eat, along with essential oils and flowers, even alcohol!

Lush Cosmetics is a known to be an active, ethical campaigning company, they're about standing up for real issues and supporting causes that make a positive difference to the community. Some of their products are made for charity, so when you purchase 'charity pots' in store, all the proceeds go to a certain charity. This allows customers to contribute to making a difference!

To reduce landfill, the packaging is 100% recycled and reusable while also being biodegradable, and even compostable, while 46% of the products sold being 'naked', that is packaging free, including bath bombs, shampoo bars, bubble bars, massage bars, body butters and solid facial cleansers.

Every product you see is free from animal testing in an attempt to stop animal cruelty. Oh and there are products available if you're a vegan or vegetarian too. Basically, the brand takes everyone's needs into consideration.

So now that you know a bit about the brand... It's official people I'm working for Lush Cosmetics!

And here's how it happened...

I've been a Lush customer for a while now, every time I see a store anywhere I just have to stop, it's sort of an uncontrollable reflex. Even if I'm just popping in to look and smell the products, it's a riveting experience especially when the employees have a relatable and exciting vibe but professional at the same, and the products have an overall positive aura surrounding them.

First Lush products I tried!
Regulars and adding to the Lush collection
When I applied for the job it was in a bit of an unorthodox manner if I'm honest. I'm a regular customer at a particular Lush Cosmetic store so the staff always knew who I was. I noticed the store was hiring but always forgot to bring my resume in. Finally, I walked into the store and just said you know what I'm going to ask if they hired, and I did just that. A staff member told me interviews had already been conduct and they were in the process of hiring but told me to speak to the manager when they were in the store. Essentially, I went back to the store with my resume and spoke to the manager who interviewed me. It was a bit unnerving getting interviewed in front of other employees while customers were also present, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

An hour after my chat with the manager I got a call back from the store but I was busy at the time and had to call back. When I called the store back I was informed that I'd be getting a trial shift and I was so thrilled that my initiative to just go for it worked...

I woke up nice and early for my trial shift, made sure I was wearing the right attire and made myself presentable, meaning my makeup had to look bomb but not too bomb ya know.

I got to the store about 15 minutes before my shift was set to start. There was a lot of paper work, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. So much reading had to be done, and so many sheets to fill in. Finally, after all the paper work was done, off to work I went.

During the trial shift I walked around serving customers providing them with advice and my knowledge of Lush products while also trying to be as friendly as possible. I learnt the ropes of the cash registered, stocking up and just general workplace tips. All the staff, including the manager and assistant manager, I worked with were incredibly friendly and were always willing to help me out if needed. I got praised by both customers and the staff for my efforts so I must've done pretty well for a first-timer.

The trial shift was a lot more different than I expected, being in such an enthusiastic environment made the time fly by so quickly and it was just an enjoyable experience overall.

Lush Cosmetics are incredibly dedicated to their customers along with their employees, this is such an important factor for me when it comes to a brand, and I've witnessed this from both sides, being a customer and employee.

Once my trial shift was done and dusted, the manager spoke to me and offered me a job on the spot. I knew I'd done well but never thought I'd be offered a job just like that! Not only did I get a job but I got a bunch of products to try out and even a reusable coffee cup, it's like they knew I was addicted to caffeine.

I love that this company starts the employment process in this way because if you don't get the job, you get paid for your time, you interact with customers and friendly staff while having fun in the process. It basically doesn't even feel like you're working and you get great incentives.

Overall, the trial shift at Lush Cosmetics was such a rewarding experience and I cannot wait to work as actual employee.

Care package!

Pop into your nearest Lush Cosmetics store or any Lush store really and check out their products, maybe even treat yoself! If there's not a store near you, the brand has a website you can have a look at. Make sure you take a catalogue, these contain information about the products and basically everything you need to know about brand.

Don't forget to follow me on InstagramTwitter and Snapchat, while you're at it go ahead and follow me on Vine to watch me make a fool of myself as I talk to a camera. Oh, don't forget to subscribe to my blog, you'll get notified when I make a new blog post!

You May Also Like

0 comments