Colourpop!

by - Tuesday, July 05, 2016

A couple of weeks ago I made a bulk Colourpop order due to my fascination with this beauty brand, I've heard so much about it and I just had to join in on the craze!

I purchased 14 matte lip products and 5 lip liner pencils. The shipping to Australia was ridiculously priced and it took a good two weeks to get to Australia, however the price for each product was quite cheap, in a way the products are definitely worth the wait and the price of shipping. The only problem is that if you're not from the United States, it'd be difficult to address your issues if you have any. When I ordered my products, the process took quite a while, but when I contacted Colourpop personally they were very helpful and replied quickly. 

Upon receiving the products, the box was perfectly packed, and the design of the inside of the box was aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Nothing was damaged, all the products were in pristine condition. What I love about Colourpop is the personal touch they add to their packaging, with a colourful box and a personalised message on a little card. 

I've been testing out these products day by day, the formula of the matte liquid lipsticks are extremely pigmented, comfortable to wear and easy to apply. The product doesn't dry up immediately when you've applied it so you can apply the product without worrying about it completely drying and cracking on your lips. If you're using a lip primer or you apply lip balm before the liquid lipstick I recommend applying this when you start your makeup routine so at least your lips are moisturised and protected while allowing the product to stay on once applied, or just avoid using a primer or balm beforehand. Personally, I found if you apply a lip primer or balm, it interferes with the product and this will lead to the product not becoming matte and thus will end up gliding off your lips, and you don't want that!

When it comes to the lip liners I love the fact that the product glides on your lips so smoothly, the lip liners aren't sheer and provide full coverage when applied. The only thing I hate about this product is the fact that you have to sharpen the lip liners, I prefer lip liners that you can twist, I feel it's a waste of product when you sharpen the lip liner. Another annoying thing about these lip liners is the fact that every time I apply it to my lips I end up staining the actual lip liner container.

When it comes to Colourpop products, be sure to do your research, a lip product colour may not be what it looks like on the website! I myself have been shocked by certain colours I ordered, they're not disappointing at all just not what you expect, I guess if you like surprises you'll be fine with this.

Overall, the shopping experience was a breeze with slight negatives, which were made up with the quality of the products. Colourpop has become one of my favourite beauty brands, their lip products are cheap but the quality is insanely amazing. 

So you might be wondering, well what exactly did I order, what shades did you choose? Check out the collection!

Colourpop Liquid Lipstick shades (left to right): Bad Habit - Scrooge - Donut - Solow - Clueless - Seesaw - Cheap Thrills - Teeny Tiny - Tulle - Limbo - Beeper - Kapok - Trap - Midi
Colourpop Lip Pencil shades: Skimpy - Brink - Tootsi - Wet - Petit Four.
If you want to keep up with me on social media or want to see what products I'm wearing, follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, while you're at it go ahead and follow me on Vine to watch me make a fool of myself as I talk to a camera. Oh, don't forget to subscribe to my blog, you'll get notified when I make a new blog post!



You May Also Like

0 comments