All year round must haves

by - Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Now, I've not posted about my love of fashion yet and this has been a long time coming. I'm absolutely obsessed with catching up on the latest trends, seeing what my favourite celebrities are wearing and fashion events, I can't help myself when I read about fashion and check out the latest clothing items in store or online.

I've been browsing around and I've come with the essential clothing and shoes that every girl needs in their wardrobe, no matter the season.

CROP TOP

The crop top has been on trend for a while now, whether it be a basic block colour, feature a pattern, have a round, triangle or square neck, or whether it be short sleeved or long sleeve, loose or tight, this item can be worn with everything you can think of. I like to pair up a crop top with high waisted jeans, shorts or skirts or any other bottoms you can think of, or if you're brave just pair it with bottoms that are up to your waist to expose that midriff. The festival trend is teaming up a good, old crop with a maxi skirt. You can dress down the crop by wearing bottoms that are relatively casual and pair the look with a sneaker or flat sandal. Or you can dress up this look by choosing a bottom that makes a statement and team that up with a heel of some sort. Also, co-ords involving a crop top are only of my favourite fashion trends at the moment and the co-ord look is definitely starting to make a statement. I have many crop tops in many different colours and styles and I don't see this trend seeing an end at any time soon.

Taylor Swift rocking the formal look
Dress up a crop with a long skirt and
a nice pair of heels, keep it simple
Rihanna cool as a cucumber
Team up boyfriend jeans and a casual
crop top with sneakers





























MIDI SKIRT


For me, being vertically challenged has led to mini skirts becoming midi skirts which goes below the knee, this fashion must have brings class and modesty back into an outfit, which is what I absolutely love. This trend came about 2012 and hit its peak during this time, but for an all year look, the midi can worn at any time and is still trendy. It's one of my favourite clothing items because typically a skirt can never go out of fashion, short, long, mid-length, the skirt can always be a go to if you're in a  fashion dilemma. Midis come in different shapes like the triangle shape at the front while the rest of the skirt flows behind, it can be a pencil skirt which often tucks around the legs nice and tight creating a nice silhouette shape or a bubble skirt which spurts out and around the legs. No matter the type of midi, it's a simple look that can be pulled off. I like to team up any skirt with a top or blouse that's either short or long sleeve. Either wear a jacket over the top of your look or team up a midi with a sweater of some sort. Preferably, I wear midi skirts with a shoe that has height of some sort, so your legs are elongated. If you're going for a casual look, I recommend a creeper shoe, a wedge or platform sandals. For the more dressed up, formal look, go for a stiletto or classic platform heel. One of the looks I go for is a crop and midi skirt, matching two must have clothing items is great and easy, I typically like a midi skirt that sits above the waist for a crop top look but there's nothing stopping you from rocking the midi with a crop even if it sits on your waist. Another look I try to pull off is wearing any top, loose or tight that can be tucked in subtly or if you want a "I didn't even try" look, tuck in a top loosely at the front and let it flow from the back if it's short, if it's long tuck it all in loosely.

Lily Collins effortlessly pulling off
the tuck in look
Team up a printed top with a simple
midi for the casual look





























WIDE-LEGGED PANTS


Through my online browsing adventures, I noticed the wide-legged pant has made a come back, it felt like I teleported back in time to the disco era. I typically was a bit iffy with this returning fashion trend, but it's grown on me. I think you can make a statement in these pants even if they're simple, a crazy pattern is not need as the design is really out there already and will get heads turning and eyes widening. The "is she really wearing those" pants can be worn to make the right fashion statement. Although I've not tried this trend for myself and don't own a pair of these wonders, I'm seriously considering buying a pair because the looks I've seen are really on point. I would go for a neutral coloured pant, so think of your whites, your creams or a nude palette, each of these coming back, don't be afraid to go for simplicity. Team up a wide-legged pant with a crop top, or tuck in a top, add a heel to the ensemble and voila you're done, keep it simple.

Sarah Hyland in a wide-legged pant made
me want to buy a pair, flawless























SLIDE SHOE/SANDAL

Now this sandal has been around for a while, big names like Nike and Adidas have advocated this for a long time now with a bit of a struggle. In the 90s, these sandals were relatively popular, especially the platform slide, but now they've made quite the comeback like many of the fashion trends mentioned. I personally am not a fan of the slides with socks but I guess fashion is fashion and has become quite a statement for celebrities, specifically the Olsen twins who absolutely rock the look. I've also found it difficult to see how such a masculine item can be worn with style, but I've proven myself wrong and it can look feminine and fashionable. Katie Cassidy has really been advocate for these slide sandals and I'm really feeling like she's started the revolution. I'm a huge fan of the platform slides and have brought myself a pair since I like to add height to everything I wear. The flat ones are just as good too. You can get these shoes in many styles, colours and heights and they're perfect for nearly anything and everything you wear, which is what you want in a shoe, versatility is vital. These little beauties are referred to as pool slide sandals because they're easy to slip on and go, this essentially is the best thing about these shoes.

Slider sandals come in different shapes, colours and size, the variety is endless.
And that's that folks, this was basically a flash back post to different eras, well not quite, but basically every one of these fashion trends have appeared in our life before, but are new and improved and so much better. Get out there and shop your little heart out. Thanks for reading this and thanks to everyone for the positivity and the comments and the suggestions, keep them coming through Twitter, Instagram, TumblrGoogle+ or just comment on this blog post with a question, query or suggestion on what to blog about.

You May Also Like

0 comments