Lasting finish

by - Sunday, November 23, 2014

Hey guys, this is a continuing post from the previous review of Rimmel London's lip colour range of Provocalips. I've been trying these products through the week and I'm on my second week of trying these amazing products. I've been mixing and match the Provocalips lip colours with outfits I've worn which have been posted on Instagram and Twitter. One of the things I love about blogging is that I actually get to show you guys how the product(s) look and describe how they feel and how good or bad they are. The Lasting Finish Foundations were used in conjunction with the Provocalips lip colours so every photo I've uploaded on social media features both products.


Rimmel have recently released Lasting Finish 25 HR foundations in two new formulas, one with Comfort Serum and the other is a barely there, nude foundation.

Now I need to say one thing, although I love long-lasting coverage, I would never keep make-up on my face for 25 hours intentionally, however, after a night out maybe if you're too tired (or too turn) to take off that make-up, the 25 hour benefit is that you'll wake up looking as fresh as daisy even if you're not feeling that way, but I do recommend removing your make-up as soon you have no use for it anymore. 

The benefit of long-lasting, transfer-proof foundation is that it'll last through the harshest weather in any season. Humidity, the sun, the possibility of four seasons in one day and your general day to day life, you need to be ready and this foundation will definitely help you out. 

When trying this product, I was naturally a skeptic, a majority of products I try don't usually last me the whole time I'm out or the make up is visibly coming off or just fades away, which is never ideal! But, nonetheless, the foundation did last me all day and everyday, I got home every day and checked and I still had full coverage, dark eye circles, blemishes and imperfections covered up evenly and you could barely notice I was wearing the make-up because the foundation is so easy to apply and is really smooth when applied. I even left the make-up on overnight unintentionally on a number of occasions and my skin wasn't a complete mess which was amazing.


The thing I truly love about this product is that it's comfortable to wear thanks to the comfort serum, the added SPF 20 to protect the skin from harmful UV rays, and the vitamin E contained in the product which a must if you want to protect the appearance of your skin. The Lasting Finish Foundations have two formulas as previously mentioned, I alternated between both each day and I did notice that the nude foundation was a lot lighter. Both formulas have the same benefits but one is full coverage being the one containing Comfort Serum, while the other is a medium coverage being the Nude foundation, so evidentially the medium coverage is a light-weight formula as the coverage isn't full. 

Both of these formulas of the Lasting Finish Foundations are avaliable in a variety of shades and are in stores now, the price coming in at around $18 each. This is a relatively good buy because the 30 mL bottle should last you,, depending on how many times a week you apply the foundation obviously and compared to other highly regarded brands, it's a good price for liquid foundation that has many benefits and perks.

Hopefully you're enjoyed both posts for the new products I tried and if you go out and buy these products, let me know how you feel about it and what not, I'd love to hear about it. If you've got any suggestions for blog posts or want me to try a product or have any questions, hit me up by commenting on any blog post or Instagram post, tweeting me or following me on Google+ and Tumblr. Thanks for checking out this post and don't forget to subscribe to my blog.

You May Also Like

0 comments