Beauty Loop

by - Friday, January 15, 2016

So I walked into Mecca Maxima just to check out a few products, like the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette which had me gravitating towards it more than anything else. Then suddenly I realised I actually needed products so I stayed a while, browsed through products and spoke to a makeup artist who helped me choose the products I needed by applying the products I wanted to choose and outweighing the pros and cons so I found the products that were perfect for me. Oh and I'm officially apart of the Beauty Loop, so yay.

I'm not a blush person at all, in fact I don't own one single blush product but I have always wanted to buy a NARS blush, particularly the shade of 'Orgasm', and for once I actually tried it and well it's safe to say that I actually loved it. It's soft and subtle so you can barely tell you have blush on. I definitely recommend this product if you wanting a natural look.

The next products I purchased are powder based. I'm not a fan of powders at all, I hate using them, but I do find that they help set makeup so it doesn't slip, slide and glide right off your face. I've used loose powders and compact powders and haven't had the best experience with them. The only product that I've probably found that works for me is Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25HR Powder Foundation that's in a groovy little compact which provides a matte finish. I also use Australis' Contour and Highlight Palette to set my makeup because I find one of the highlighter shades is perfect for my complexion as more of a setting powder rather than a highlighter.

Alas, I have found two products that will satisfy me perfectly, both of which are by bareMinerals. The first is a powder concealer. When I tried this product, I found that it was so light weight that you could barely feel it when applying it and when wearing it after a while. My favourite thing about this product is that it brightens my eyes while setting my liquid concealer at the same time, so it basically acts like a highlighter without it actually being one. The other product is a hydrating mineral veil which sets your whole face of makeup. The best part about this product is that the lightweight formula doesn't make you look cakey at all, you can barely tell that it's on your face.

The perk about bareMinerals is the fact that they make both pink and yellow toned powders, so it'll match to your skin colour no matter what.

And last but not least, I finally got my hands on the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray, am I part of the club now or what? It does what it says so there is no need to further explain at all. There are like three versions of this stuff, I got the 'Oil Control' just because I do tend to have oily skin and want to eliminate the shine, but if you're going to get this product you've got a few options to choose from depending on your skin type.


You May Also Like

0 comments