Pamper pack

by - Thursday, April 28, 2016

Over the months, I've been testing out a number of products thanks to Rimmel London. Each product is different in its own right and all the products are for every part of the face. From lips, to eyes, to the face in its entirety, this pamper has had me covered.



When it comes to my makeup routine, I like to keep it simple for an everyday look, but am willing to extend myself for a night out or special occasions.

I've never been an advocator of primers, but since using Rimmel London's Fix + Protect Makeup Primer, I try to never go without it. I always used to just apply makeup straight after cleansing my skin but thanks to this product I try to prime if I know that there's a long day to look forward to. The reason I personally use a primer product is so my makeup doesn't slip and slide around, however, there are other benefits to this product. That is, it acts as another layer, shielding your skin from pollution you're exposed to both day and night, while protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, this preventing hyper pigmentation and the daily stresses on the skin. The crazy thing about this product is the fact that it also blurs the blemishes and mattifies the skin for hours on end, this allows additional products on the skin to last longer.

In comparison, I purchased an E.L.F. Cosmetics Primer and found it similar to that of the Rimmel London product. Basically, I've hopped on the primer band wagon and I'm glad I made this decision.

Personally I use a small amount of primer before going on with my makeup routine by dotting out each area on my face and simply rubbing it in as if it were a moisturiser. I've discovered that I tend to break out less when using a makeup primer, which is an incredible bonus for me. 

Along with primer for my face, I use a lip primer which basically looks a lip liner or lipstick product but somewhat transparent in form. I have most certainly come accustomed to using this product every single time I use a lip product such a lipstick, no matter what finish it has, from matte to satin to gloss, I always, always prime my lips. I find that the lips are the easiest to dry out and cause the most damage to and by using a lip primer, I've found that my lips recover quicker or barely get damaged at all from lip products I apply due to the moisturising nature of the primer. 

Rimmel London have released two types of lip products that have become my essential beauty companions. 

The Moisture Renew Universal lip liner is a clear lip liner that protects the lips by creating a transparent moisturising barrier but requires no colour-matching so you can literally pair it with any lip product of your choosing. I personally apply this product before using a lip liner and then apply the lipstick. This product has promised to reduce smearing and disappearing of your lipstick, however, this does depend on the type of product you're using along with what exactly you're doing with those lips of yours. I've definitely found that when it comes to matte lip products it can be a hit or miss.

The Lip Conditioning Balm is apart of the Rimmel London x Kate Moss collaboration range which has continued to grow. This is similar to the universal lip liner whereby it moisturises the lips while also creating a natural glow so your lips look incredibly healthy. It's basically like a lip balm but you apply it before the lip product(s) you've chosen. Oh and it has the added bonus of SPF 15 so there's no need to fear exposing your lips to the harsh sun.

One product that I loved trying from this Rimmel London pack was the #InstaFlawless skin tint . It reminds me of a tinted moisturiser or BB cream as it possesses similar qualities to those products being that it moistures for up to 24 hours, evens out skin tone and leaves a radiant finish while protecting your skin from harsh sun rays due to the SPF added to the formula. This product can be used by itself or as a primer so its perfect before continuing on with your normal makeup routine.

Rimmel London's Fix + Protect Makeup Primer and the #InstaFlawless skin tint are only $14.00 while the E.L.F Powerless Primer is $8.00 compared to other brands that's quite cheap for a product that is essential to your makeup routine.

The Moisture Renewal Universal lip liner will only cost you about $13.00. While nifty little Lip Conditioning Balm is partially cheaper than it's sister item, coming in at around $10.00. Either way, neither of these products will set your budget back and will last you forever. Based on my experience, I use these primers five days a week, give or take, and have found that I use a lot less makeup overall and you barely touch the surface of the primer products as well.

I got the pleasure of trying which is apart of the Kate Moss collection is the Sculpting and Highlighting kit, which is a combination of a highlighter, shading powder and blush. I mainly use Australis' AC On Tour Contour Kit but I carry around the Rimmel mini palette in my purse. The palette is extremely pigmented, the highlighter is so pretty when applied, it's super shimmery, I love it. This product is extremely convenient however I do wish there was a little mirror within the compact as it would further add to the convenient nature, but for the price, of around $16.00, who can complain about that.



But wait there's more... I have even more in this glorious haul. 

I've added to my Real Techniques brushes collection and purchased my very first E.L.F. Cosmetics brush which can I just say, I am in love with, and an added bonus of this was that it only cost $4.00!

Oh and you know how much I adore palettes, well I have yet another one! The E.L.F. Cosmetics eyeshadow palette, consisting of 32 various colours which was only $10.

You're probably thinking, oh my god, all I can say is, I know right?



You May Also Like

0 comments