Supanova!

by - Monday, April 25, 2016

If you follow me on every form of social media I'm on, you'll know that I attended the Supanova Expo in Melbourne, and you didn't know well now you know. So it's time for the dirty details people!

On the weekend of Supanova I had a lot going on, with more than three birthday parties to attend plus the expo falling at the same time I was definitely on a tight, hectic schedule. Alas, I have survived to tell the tale.

Friday 15 april 2016

A bunch of my friends from interstate were coming to Melbourne for the weekend so I was up and at'em and ready for the craziness to begin. First up on the schedule was brunch and exploring the city before checking into the hotel.

The girls and I taking on Melbourne
I took my favourite people to a cafe called 'The Grain Store' which I had never been to before so I was glad to be experiencing the food and coffee with my friends. Once all of us finished pondering over the delectable menu, we finally decided on the food we were going to order. Three out of the four us order the exact same thing, great minds think alike I guess?

The Round Table of Bu

The drinks came first, of course it was only coffees, both hot and cold, and an iced chocolate, and then the food finally came out. For those of us who ordered the exact same dish, we were a little taken back by it. We ordered cocoa, white chocolate and ricotta pancakes with strawberry, peach, peppered caramel, lavender panna cotta and pistachio, which sounded like a crazy dish for brunch and we were so ready for it... And then it came out, and we all honestly thought we had a piece of meat on the plate. I mean it was delicious and quite filling, but I guess I'm a pancake snob... okay I'm a food snob and expect the best, who am I kidding?

I swear these are chocolate pancakes

After a confusing brunch and wander about the city, it was time to check into the hotel and get ready for the first party of the weekend. Before heading off to the party though I was going to watch the new episode of The 100 with my gal pals and then have dinner and drinks. It was definitely a wise decision in eating and drinking after The 100 because I totally needed alcohol after that one. It was so intense, all of us were screaming at the television, yelling at each other and whispering under our breath how much we hated certain characters or scenes or basically anything we could think of. Additionally, we all freaked out more than once over the fact that we would be meeting two of the cast members from the show the very next day!

Girls Night Out

saturdaY 16 APRIL 2016

Today was the day, it was time for Supanova Expo. Woke up, got ready and was off to the venue. I definitely regretted catching public transport because the train I took was absolutely packed with people. I immediately regretted my outfit of choice, the long sleeve top, the tight jeans, oh god it was far too hot. The train ride felt like it was never-ending, it just kept going and going and go-... and we're here!

The walk over also made me hot and bothered, I was prepared for the cold weather Melbourne promised but it was a damn lie that's for sure. Finally I was amongst the people and the atmosphere and it felt so real, today was the day.

Before heading to Daniel Sharman's photo op line, I was totally nervous but made a pit stop to a food truck, I was so hungry. Well at least I thought I was, I couldn't drink my coffee or eat anything, it was totally unlike me.

And we're off to meet Daniel freaking Sharman, who was the first person I was officially meeting that day. I kept thinking to myself, why on Earth did I choose this time slot for Daniel Sharman, I was not prepared for this. Waiting in line made me anxious but seeing people I knew made me really excited for the day I had ahead of me.

The line for Daniel Sharman photo ops was quite long and it took forever to get through everyone... Oh god, it was my turn to meet Daniel Sharman. Our photo op was quite rushed but I didn't expect much. It was extremely quick, just a brief conversation with a flash of the camera and it was over. However I was taken aback by Sharman's accent along with his height and not mention how pretty he was in person, it was overwhelming a little.

Daniel Sharman and I
Once a bunch of us met Daniel Sharman and collected our photo, it was time to get ourselves together, keep calm and just relax a little bit. We were able to have a little break before the next photo op. It didn't feel like we even caught our breath before we went made a stop over to Richard Harmon and Sachin Sahel's autograph table. Seeing them in the flesh totally threw me off but upon talking to them, mind you without an autograph toke, it calm my nerves a little bit. I spoke to Sachin first while on the sidelines, letting him know I didn't have enough money for an autograph token, with a sincere smile he replied, "That's okay!". Moving to Richard's autograph line, I waited a little until my friends got their autographs and they gave me the signal to speak, Richard recognised my friends and I, after I started coughing really loudly to signal that I do in fact exist. He turn around longly pointed at me, repeating the words "YOU". I was taken aback a little bit by the fact that he knew my friends and I, shoutout to Twitter for your part in this. I was also shocked that both Richard and Sachin spoke to me without an autograph token. After our brief meeting suddenly the conversation turned to AFL, if you don't know what that is, to sum it up, it's an Australian sport. Suddenly, the conversation turned to a riot amongst us, Richard and Sachin. It was all banter of course but it echoed through the building and you could feel everyones eyes on us. People must've thought we were crazy.

After all the attention we received from Richard and Sachin at the autograph table it was time for our photo op with Richard Harmon. My friends and I were ready for this photo op, we weren't nervous, we were ready, thank god my friends at autograph ops before the photo because I definitely would have stumbled.

When meeting Richard Harmon he looked so much smaller in person than I thought he would be. The night before Supanova I tweeted Richard to wear all black, and well well well, what did we have here? A wild Richard Harmon wearing all black. My wish was his command. Before I got my photo op, all my friends had their photos first but I noticed him walking away from one of them and coming back with the ugliest beanie I had laid my eyes on. Oh god, not the West Coast Eagles beanie, I thought to myself. With a smug look on his face, Richard ushered me to him but I refused, repeating the word "no" more than three times. One of the staff members working during the photo op was telling me to hurry up but I refused to "get the same treatment" as Richard had said. Oh god he remembers me, my tweets, the playful banter, I'm so screwed. I was too stubborn for my own good and Richard knew this so he approached me and I had to surrender. please just put the beanie away, I beg you. Both Richard and I were stubborn, none of us would give into the other, so I accepted my fate and tried to plaster a smile on my face while he held that damn beanie in one hand and wrapping his arm around me and gripped my shoulder with the other, while I too wrapped my arm around him. After posing for the photo with Richard, I gave him a piece of my mind and we both argued and laughed at how petty we were.

Smug Richard Harmon and I 
My friends and I had jokingly decided to get a "squad" photo with Richard and Sachin and luckily they were up for it. I wasn't sure who was more excited for it, us or them, either way, excitement was in the air once we got confirmation that we could actually do this from the Supanova staff.

Once Richard and Sachin were together, the squad got in formation and united for the second time that day. And of course, what a reunion without banter. We were all yelling on top of each other while laughing at the same time. It didn't feeling like we were meeting a pair of celebrities but rather people we knew for a long time, it seems cliché but it really did feel like we were just friends catching up, that's how approachable Richard and Sachin were.

The Supanova staff grew impatient with us because we were taking a lot longer than we should have, they would have preferred that we were a lot quicker with the photos, but we spent a lot of time talking to one another. A staff member hurried us along and Sachin was in front of me, bending down, I thought he had dropped something so I uttered with confusion, "Um Sachin, what are you doing?" and he was like moving his hands around and the light bulb went off, "Oh, a piggy back? Wait are you sure? Oh my god?". Suddenly Sachin started laughing and was like "Yes a piggy back, get on", I was scattered but willingly hopped up, what the hell are you doing? Richard extended his arm out not sure whether to put it on my back or my friends, he went with the latter and Sachin started moving, I could hear myself yelling "NO Sachin go back to where you were, I want to be near Richard", did I really just say that out loud oh god, from their snickers I did indeed spit those words out of my mouth, so much for playing it cool. We posed for our photos and gave them our last words before we scurried away. Before I followed my friends out, I found myself standing between Richard and Sachin and telling Richard off for not offering me a piggy back, his reply, "You didn't ask me for one!" I saw myself hugging Richard once again as Sachin laughed at our trivial argument putting his two cents in with "it's a love hate relationship". And finally I scurried away after thanking them, catching up with my friends.

Squad goals
Everything was moving so fast, it was all too much. Going from the autograph table to photo ops to seeing more people around, to the Jack Gleeson panel, to food, then the Daniel Sharman panel until we had a breather. Then we were off again, I decided last minute to get a photo with Sachin Sahel and  it was probably the best decision I had made that day without thinking. There weren't as many people at Sachin's autograph table or photo ops so things moved relatively fast but it wasn't rushed, you could have a conversation without being told to hurry the hell up. When it came to my photo with Sachin, I have no idea how I ended up looking like a koala in the photo but somehow it just came together that way. I don't even think Richard and I could speak because of how everything panned out, it was far too hilarious, there was no way words could be exchanged.

Mr Sacho and I
Sachin's photo op was right before the Richard and Sachin panel so my friends and I were running around like headless chickens. Thankfully we lined up early for the panel and were quite close to the stage. There many memorable moments. The first, was a fan proclaiming their love for Richard and Richard literally climbed of the stage running to this fan and giving them a hug and performing a number of stunts, only to have that fan ask Sachin a question. Ouch. The next, was another fan asking Richard how he felt about his sister, Jessica, being in The 100, particularly how he felt about that raunchy Niylah and Clarke scene. As soon as this question was asked, we knew we were in trouble. You could see Richard's face drop and he stood up to leave but in a joking manner, providing us with a hilariously awkward answer. And last, but not least, Richard told us that John Murphy's best moment was becoming friends with Finn Collins, which is basically everything to me. The panel was entertaining, Richard and Sachin are so close and it was amazing to witness their friendship right before my very eyes. Richard wore a flower crown for the entirety of the panel. There were a lot of questions answered and Richard and Sachin performed musical renditions of songs for us more than once.

Snuggle buddies
The panel was over and yet again I found myself making a spontaneous decision and that was getting an autograph from Richard Harmon. While waiting for my autograph Sachin was there and we had a conversation, I should've bought an autograph token for you, but I knew Sachin didn't mind. Both Sachin and I were so caught up in a conversation that we didn't realise Richard was waiting, ah how the tables have turned,  we exchanged words with each other and multiple hugs that were so warm and cuddly, I didn't want to let go. While signing a photograph, I observed Richard and asked multiple questions, I was watching him write a personalised note for me and before he handed it over I whispered "I thought you were going to write 'don't fuck with me' that's what Murphy would say" and he asked me to repeat so I said it louder and he uttered the words "you should've told me to write that" flailing his arms around looking flustered. I abruptly replied with, "Richard I can't keep telling you how to do your job! First during the photo, now this, come on man pull yourself together." I have no idea what his reply was but all I could remember was my friends and I laughing and chatting and hugging the boys goodbye.

"Intellegence"
The entire day moved so fast but was one of the most memorable days I've ever experience. I'd like to thank Amelia, Emma, Mikaela, Belinda, Trinh, Shiralee and many other people, I can't name every single one of you but you know who you are, I saw or met during Supanova, you guys made the day that much more better for me.

Hopefully you enjoyed this post, I sure loved sharing this experience with you.

I've been busy these past few weeks so I've not had much time on my hands to update my blog, I've got a few blog posts lined up for you all to read so stay tuned for more by subscribing to my blog, it only takes a few seconds so it's quick and easy.

Oh and a little public announcement for you people, I joined Vine a little while ago and post every now and then so check that out when you have a chance. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat to keep up with my antics.

You May Also Like

0 comments