Eyes are the window

by - Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hey what's up it's been a while... If you read that in Zayn's voice you passed the test and may proceed... And if you didn't it's okay I can let that one go.

So I finally got my ass to MECCA and used a voucher I received on Valentine's Day and I purchased a palette I've had on my eyes on for a while now. It's the Stila 'Eyes Are The Window' shadow palette. I had four to choose from and to be honest after purchasing one, I think I want them all. You can choose between, Body, Mind, Soul and Spirit. I did have some difficulty deciding which one I wanted to get because I really wanted to take every single one of them home with me. The particular difficulty I faced was choosing between Body and Spirit. I do feel with all four palettes they're quite similar to other palettes that I personally own, for example, Urban Decay's Naked palettes, the LORAC Pro Palette and Too Faced's Chocolate Bar, but I've never tried the brand Stila before so why not give it a go?  These palettes don't come cheap, each coming in at $78, I would usually be hesitant in spending that much money on a palette that's similar to palettes I already possess but I had a gift voucher so I wasn't fussed. 

So which palette won my heart...?

BODY

I decided to go for a little something out there and that was the 'Body' palette. It has both neutral and smokey tones with pops of colour here and there. Although I don't usually wear colourful makeup, I've become accustomed to changing up my look and practicing new makeup techniques, this palette stood out for me. It has a combination of palettes from different brands that I wanted to purchase in one compact, like Nars' NARSissist L’Amour Toujours L’Amour Palette and the Smashbox Double Exposure Palette, even possessing a hint of Urban Decay's Limited Edition Gwen Stefani Palette.









SPIRIT

So I decided to also get the 'Spirit' palette, I just could not resist the temptation. This Stila palette reminds me of all the Urban Decay's Naked palettes combined in one, so it's very convenient for lovers of nude and smokey tones.

You May Also Like

0 comments