Haul-o there

by - Wednesday, May 24, 2017



It's been a while but this bitch is back and I have a new beauty haul to talk about and this one is probably my favourite one!

Way back in April, Rimmel London launched a reformulated Wake Me Up foundation and concealer, along with a primer and setting spray in one product, for their range. In the new formula, the foundation and concealer are now packed with more vitamin C, this brights and visibly reduces the signs of stress and fatigue one may experience. 
(WAKE ME UP) WAKE ME UP INSIDE

The Wake Me Up foundation is my favourite Rimmel London foundation and I could definitely tell the difference between its previous formula and the rest of its foundations. The formula of this foundation is smooth and can be used as either a tinted moisturiser or a full-coverage foundation, this formula is very versatile. The best thing about Rimmel foundations is that most of them include SPF, I occasionally, skip the sunscreen or use primer that is made with SPF and the Wake Me Up foundation is no different to other foundations with SPF 20 in its formula. This protecting the skin from sun damage and premature ageing. Wake Me Up foundation is like Match Perfection mixed with Lasting Finish, covering imperfections, smoothing the texture of the skin to create a poreless-looking finish but without the heaviness so you can barely feel the foundation on your skin, no matter how much you put on. This foundation is probably the easiest to blend and won't dry out your skin, nor will it make it any oiler but it still has a subtle dewy finish, the formula is definitely perfect for any skin type. 

As for the Wake Me Up concealer, this formula basically reminds me of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer but I definitely feel this formula is more for sensitive skin. I personally have quite sensitive skin around my eyes, if I use the wrong products, the skin around my eyes will react in the worst way possible. The Wake Me Up concealer is light with a creamy texture, this allows for easier application when concealing blemishes or using it to contour. The formula of the concealer blends with the foundation smoothly, creating a flawless complexion. The skin brightening concealer's formula has vitamin C, like the foundation, and radiance pearls, this illuminating the under-eye area and diffusing dark circles. The formula lasts up to 10 hours and shouldn't leave your skin looking shiny. 

The Wake Me Up foundation has six shades to choose from, while the anti-fatigue concealer has three different shades.

INSTA FIX AND GO SPRAY

I'm a huge fan of products that save time and the Insta Fix & Go Spray is pretty much exactly that. This product is a primer and setting spray in one. The multi-tasking product is either applied before applying makeup to prime the face, or on top of your finished artwork that is your makeup, this allowing it to set for up to 8 hours. The durability of the formula is insane. When I applied the product to set my makeup, it definitely set it, I mean it wasn't budging. Usually I'll apply translucent powder after I've applied setting spray but when I did that, it basically looked like I put baby powder on my face and it wouldn't blend in, so there is no need to apply the powder to further set makeup. The only downfall of this product is that the formula irritates my eyes a little compared to Urban Decay's 'De-Slick' Makeup Setting Spray so I apply the spray to dampen my beauty blender like I would with water and blend that shit in people. With this technique, there's no splotchy areas of loose powder and makeup stays flawless for hours on end.


KORAH BEAUTY BLENDER

So I saw this silicon beauty blender trend a while back and thought it was absolutely nuts... but of course I gave in and I was absolutely shocked by the results. I ordered a silicone beauty blender on Korah Beauty's website, at the time, the beauty blender was on sale so I grabbed myself a bargain. The shipping was pretty swift, it took about 3 business days, but this does depend on where you're ordering from. When I received it, I was surprised by the packaging. Although the item was cheap, I did feel the packaging was odd but when I opened up the little pocket, I found the crystal shaped silicon blender and realise why the packaging was the way it was. The packaging is little zip-lock envelope, this allows for easy storage, however, my only concern is how long this will last and if the it's environmentally friendly. The beauty blender is made from silicone so the applicator doesn't need to be soaked in water like a beauty blender. You simply apply foundation, concealer, etc. with the applicator dry and blend in your makeup by patting it down. Even though more effort is required to blend makeup compared to the beautyblender, it leaves makeup looking airbrushed. The best part about this product is the fact you don't need to use a lot of product when applying it to your face, as the silicone sponge doesn't absorb makeup like a beautyblender would. Every drop of product you're using will end up on your face rather than in your sponge and wasted when cleaning it. This little gem is a time-saver when it comes to cleaning, simply wash it in warm water, add soap if you need to and wham bam you're good to go. This is by far one of my favourite makeup applicators to use. Oh and a huge selling point for this makeup application is the fact that it's free from cruelty, paraben free and non-allergenic.

MARIO BADESCU SKIN CARE

I saved the best for last and this is most definitely something I'm excited about. I've been using Kiehl's products for a year now and definitely feel it has become a preferred brand of mine when it comes to skincare. I finished every last drop of the products I used daily and decided to try something new. I was torn between a range of brands but finally went with Mario Badescu. I have read many reviews when it comes to this brand and did an extensive amount of research to see which products were best for me. I set my heart on the Anti-Ageing Regimen Kit as it was recommended this was the perfect set to get a feel for the brand, and I must say I am extremely impressed with the products. Although I am quite young and don't need anti-ageing products, this was the only kit that was made for sensitive skin, the others were for either dry skin or oily skin, there was no in-between, so I rolled with it. I love the step-by-step program that comes with the kit. My favourite part about these products is that they don't contain too many ingredients and the ingredients used are full properties that are fantastic for the skin.


The Glycolic Foaming Cleanser is deep-cleaning, which improves and brightens the complexion. The cleanser is so smooth and you only need a small amount, so it's definitely a money saving product. The Glycolic Acid Toner contains alpha proxy acids that rejuvenate dull skin, this is pretty much similar to the foaming cleanser, both products minimise fine lines and wrinkles while revamping the complexion. The only caution with these products is the fact that the packaging states its not recommended for use with sensitive skin so I did have to get samples of these products just to make sure my skin was sensitive to the ingredients contained in each product. Additionally, the alpha proxy acid in the toner increases the sensitivity of the skin so I would advise you, if you do intend on purchasing this product, to use the kit at night, which is what I do. This ensures that your skin won't be exposed to sunlight which could potentially harm your skin as the AHA causes your skin to become sensitive and may even lead to sunburn. I highly recommend you ask for samples if you're unsure how your skin will react to certain ingredients and whatnot. This will either guarantee the purchase of the product(s) or you'll simply find an alternative.   


The kit also comes with a moisturiser, the formulation has collagen and cottonseed oil, and even has SPF 15, so it's basically a lightweight, hydrating moisturiser and a sunscreen in one with added benefits of antioxidants. I use this in conjunction with another moisturiser that I apply before bed and my skin is firmer and incredibly moisturised, which is definitely needed when the cooler season hits. 


You may or may not know that I'm a huge fan of face masks. I always need a face mask and Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask is insane. I was shocked by the size of the pot the mask is in but when I first applied the mask I realise that this product will last a while. The formula is like slime but more liquid based. When applied, it's smooth, but does tend to come out streaky due to its consistency. Once you've waited a few minutes, you can quite literally feel the mask working its magic. The only way to describe it, is like you're pushing your face back with your hands really tightly. I would imagine this is how botox would feel, you physically cannot portray any emotion on your face. This is probably the easiest face mask to take off. When you apply warm water to the face, the mask becomes a soft cleanser. The collagen plumps the skin and smooths the fine lines on your face. The key ingredients are also oatmeal which is perfect for sensitive skin, kaolin which is a mineral and creates the clay-like consistency of the mask, along with zinc oxide, this ingredient is widely used in skincare products to target skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, rashes and acne. Even if you aren't a mask lover or you want to start become one, I definitely recommend this product, it's great for all skin types.

In the box of goodies, I received a little gift and let me tell that this is a little pot of gold for me. I don't know why but the perfect eye cream appears to be the hardest skincare product to find. Hands down, the Glycolic Eye Cream is the best I've come across so far. Although my dark under eye circles are yet to have completely disappeared, I have found the cream to be a positive experience. The under eye area is delicate and with this formula containing glycolic acid, cocoa butter, vitamin E and olive leaf extract, I've noticed that my under eyes are more hydrated and they do brighten, not to an intense level but if used everyday I'm hoping to complete eradicate my dark eye circles. The eye cream has the consistence of a lip balm that's a little softer and you only need to use a little to reap the benefits, much like the face mask. It should be noted that this product once again contains glycolic acid. 

Mario Badescu is fast becoming a beloved brand of mine. I've noticed that my skin is softer, firmer, brighter, and there is less redness on my face. Another added bonus to this brand is the fact that its free from animal cruelty, the only downside however, is that the products do contain parabens and I hope the brand tries to reformulate their products as parabens can be quite harmful.


And there you have it kiddos, that's the whole kit and caboodle. Hope you enjoyed reading this. If you'd like to get updates on my blog be sure to subscribe and follow me on social media via the links at the top of the page.

You May Also Like

0 comments