P-P-Palettes

by - Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Hi I'm Chanel, and I'm addicted to makeup. Aaaand is is where you say "Hi, Chanel!" in a really enthusiastic voice making me feel like I'm supported... Only kidding.

But seriously, makeup is a serious weakness of mine. I mean, my dressing table is quite literally covered in makeup, however, it does look clean if I do say so myself, I have cute little makeup organisers that let me feel like my life isn't a mess. Additionally, I have draws full of brushes, palettes, lip products, face products, you name it, it's in those draws.

I definitely think, no I know, my collection of makeup products and tools is getting a bit out of hand.

So on that note, I would like to dedicate this blog post to my favourite makeup palettes, particularly eyeshadow palettes.

I've only just recently started my collection of palettes, and started using more eye products more avidly in my everyday routine. Whether it be a neutral, smokey or vibrant look, basically I'm always turning to eye products. 

From the cheap products to the high end, I've tested a fair few eyeshadow palettes and I've finally discovered my favourite palettes! Now I say palettes because I can't just choose one, that would be like choosing a favourite child or something you know?



URBAN DECAY NAKED

There are three Urban Decay Naked palettes, each containing a collection of twelve eyeshadows. Each Naked palette providing a variety of tones, mostly neutral and brown with some being from either side of the colour spectrum.

The best thing about these palettes are that they not only include neutral hues but also provide hues that allow you to create a smokey look, so you can go from day to night. Oh and each palette comes with a nifty brush which is super handy and also

The brand is highly coveted so obviously the price is a little steep and can deter people from buying the palette. I tend to use the Naked palette along with the Naked 3 palette, depending on the look I'm going for, so I guess technically I'm a huge fan of both the palettes. You might be wondering, but what about Naked 2? I'll be honest, even though I own the palette I never use it, and I'll tell you why. It's because it has a similar resemblance to the first Naked palette which is so pointless to me so I just don't even bother touching it.

The main eyeshadows I use in the Naked palette are the warm tones of brown, while in the Naked 3 palette I use the pink tones. However, I do try to use all colours obviously so I can get more bang for my buck.



LORAC MEGA PRO

Okay so this palette is quite literally a blessing, it is literally the holy grail because it contains every colour you could ever need. I really don't have anything to say about this palette because it speaks for itself really. Every colour from the rainbow is in this nifty palette, containing both neutral, vibrant and smokey tones.

The best thing about the palette is the fact that every eyeshadow felt silky and smooth upon application, you can barely feel the eyeshadows on your eyelids, no matter whether the finish was matte, shimmery or mixed.

The only thing I would take into consideration is the fact that you really need to know your colours when it comes to this palette because there are so many contained within it, so you definitely need to read up on the looks you can create.


TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR

So Too Faced really ups the bar up when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. A collection of 16 eyeshadows that are made smell like chocolate and are made with cocoa, what more could you ask for? Nothing, you could never ask for anything else that's the answer because this palette is everything. I don't exaggerate when I say that this is my go to eyeshadow palette because I quite literally use this palette a majority of the time, particularly if I'm going for an everyday look and don't have the time to experiment. 

I mainly go to the looks that Too Faced have recommended in a little pamphlet that comes with he palette which is super handy because each of the looks are easy to master.

Basically, this eyeshadow palette is amazing, I live for it, I love it. If you want to see one of my favourite looks using the Chocolate Bar and a full review check out the Too Faced Chocolate Bar blog post.

hope you enjoyed reading this blog post, if you've tried these palettes let me know your thoughts, if you haven't tried them, I highly recommend you go to the nearest store that sells them and check them out because they are so worth the hype and the money. If you have any products that I should try don't hesitate to hit me up. Oh and don't forget to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Twitter and Instagram, and add me on Snapchat to keep up with my antics, it's really quick and easy, I promise. 

You May Also Like

0 comments